Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How to get Tie-Dye off your hands


We had a great time making Tie-Dye tees with friends yesterday. However, my hands ended up like this:


I left with more dye on my hands than my shirt! After much scrubbing with soap and water, I still looked like a blue lizard monster! Thank goodness for the Internet! 

First, wet your hands and "scrub" baking soda on to them. I let the baking soda sit for one minute.


Scrub the baking soda off your hands with a damp washcloth.


So much better! There was still a lot of dye on my hands so I repeated the process.


After round 2 of scrubbing, I still had some dye on my hands, but, I no longer look like a blue lizard monster. Most of the dye now is around my fingernails, which gives me a good excuse to get a manicure!

Before & After

No comments:

Post a Comment