Sunday, October 7, 2012

Turnovers for Luna


My mom was suggesting I make an apple pie with the bag of apples she bought, however, since I've never made a pie, I was frightened. I decided to make apple turnovers instead.


First, peel and slice apples. Your family dog is happy to eat the apple peels, if needed.



Mix the apples with 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves.





Roll out puff pastry and cut.



Fill with the apple mixture.


Close the puff pastry with an egg wash.


Bake at 400 degrees for 15- 20 minutes, until golden brown.


Enjoy! Have you ever made an apple pie? Is it hard? Should I still be frightened?


R.I.P. to our hedgehog Luna, who passed last night. She was sweet and endearing and loved watching Micheal Phelps swim. We will celebrate her life with apple turnovers and planting tulip bulbs in her honor.





2 comments:

  1. Aw, Katie, so sorry about Luna. your turnovers look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Shannon! Turnovers are far too easy to make and yummy too!

      Delete