Monday, October 22, 2012

Infinity Scarf Tutorial


I love fall fashion: knee-high socks with boots, the annual introduction of scarves. However, it is still in the 70s here in Denver, so the wool scarves can't be pulled out just yet (or at least not until Wednesday, when snow is in the forecast).


I found two pieces of this fabric in the remnant bin at Joann's. (Have I mentioned I love the remnant bin?) Since the fabric is so thin, I layered the two pieces to thicken it up some.


First, I sewed the short ends of the pieces together.


Folding the fabric "hot dog", I pinned the four layers together, and sew.


Trim the excess.


Turn inside out.


Pin the end of one side into the tube of the other, creating a loop.


And sew. This is the only seam that shows. I was glad I was able to match up the pattern for the most part.


Loop around twice to create the effect above. Today, I paired the scarf with a jean jacket and brass flower necklace.











No comments:

Post a Comment