Monday, September 10, 2012

Owl Pillow

Tomorrow is my aunt Linnea's birthday! She loves owls and I've been dying to make one recently. I wasn't inspired until I saw these owl pillows.

First, I sketched out what I was going to do, since I really had no idea how to go about making an owl.

From the sketch, I made templates for the shapes of the owl.

With the templates, I cut out my fabric. I found that using clothes pins was really helpful in keeping the fabric in place, especially when cutting out he body and wings.


Here is all of the pieces cut out and assembled into their future shape. Using the templates, I adhered the fabric together using Heat 'n Bond. My sewing skills have been shaky lately and I didn't trust myself sewing them all individual.


I did sew along the edges of the pupils, nose, and wings, to make sure the owl didn;t start falling apart.

Keeping a hole at the bottom, I sewed the edges of the body together, inside out. Afterwards, I flipped the owl right side out, stuffed, and hand sewed the hole closed.

There you have it, a whimsical addition to any room! Tomorrow he will be traveling to Solana Beach, California with many belated birthday wishes!

He is too cute, I may just have to make another for myself! If you would also like one, I'd be happy to make one for you in the color palette of your choosing! Contact me at snaponbuttons@gmail.com!







No comments:

Post a Comment