Saturday, September 29, 2012

Homemade Frozen Yogurt


 It is surprisingly easy to make your own frozen yogurt at home, with ingredients you already have on hand!


Here's what you need:
  • Greek yogurt
  • Strawberries
  • Raspberries
  • Honey


First, puree the fruit until smooth.


Add the yogurt and honey and blend again. I ended up adding some blackberries I had in the fridge before they turned tot he dark, fuzzy side.





Pour into a tupperware and freeze overnight. I stirred the yogurt every once in a while before freezing solid.

It did end up freezing solid. I stuck it in the fridge for a couple hours to thaw...but, a couple of hours turned into another day. Surprisingly it was still, slightly frozen when scooped.

To be honest, the texture wasn't great, it was much like an otter pop, however, the flavor was amazing!


I served mine with granola, and ate it for breakfast. Why not have ice cream for breakfast? Trust me, it tastes better than it looks!

I love frozen yogurt and am wishing and hoping for an ice cream maker for Christmas! *hint, hint, wink, wink*









No comments:

Post a Comment