Monday, September 3, 2012

DIY: iPod Arm Band

It's Labor Day!! Which means, the unofficial  end of summer and the upcoming change of seasons. Labor Day also means barbeque with family, friends, and my favorite pups, and more importantly, the fact that I need to get my butt to the gym tomorrow after eating a slab of ribs tonight.

I usually just stick my iPod of the elliptical or in my sports bra, however both these methods are incredibly ineffective. I usually drop it a few times or the cord is constantly getting caught in the handlebars. I decided to make my own, however I wanted it wide enough that I could stick my license, debit card, and gym membership card in as well.

I started with two pieces of elastic measuring the circumference of my upper arm, 11.5 inches. I didn't add any length to the elastic because once sewn I want it to stay taut against my arm.

I sewed the two pieces of fabric together flat using a zig-zag stitch.

Next, I reinforced the arm band loop by hemming it on all sides. This piece measures 2 3/4 inches by 2 1/2 inches.

I sewed the arm band loop onto one side of the fabric that will serve as the pocket for the iPod. Before sewing, this piece measures 8 1/4 inches by 2 3/4 inches.

All sewn up!

Fold the fabric with the print facing inside and sew to create a pocket of the iPod.

Slide the elastic through the loop on the backside of the pocket.

Fold the elastic and sew into a loop.

Flatten and sew the elastic flaps down. I also added a snap at the top to secure my belongings.

My gym playlist:
  • Girl Talk- All Day Album
  •  Blue Scholars- Southside Revival
  • Britney Spears- Me Against the Music
  • Kanye West- All of the Lights
  • Lupe Fiasco- The Show Goes on
  • Cobra Starship- Good Girls Go Bad
  • Drake
  • 3oh!3 
  • The Killers- Mr. Brightside
  • Micheal Jackson- Billie Jean
What do you listen to when you workout?

Happy Fitness!

8G NANO PINK - Electronics (Google Affiliate Ad)












No comments:

Post a Comment