Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Muffins





Sometimes you just have to help out thy neighbor. My friend, Maureen is a busy woman. I honestly do not know how she does it. She had been talking about baking banana muffins for a couple days now, and well, there was no time for them by the time this afternoon rolled around. So, I chipped in between chapters of a book (The Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts). These muffins are delicious and low in calorie, with only 143 calories and 6g of protein! They even passed all tests from the toughest critics (3 children), so this recipe is a keeper!

Below is my updated recipe:

1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 tbsp. applesauce
¾ cup light brown sugar
2 large eggs
3 bananas
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup low-fat milk

Heat oven to 350 degrees. I threw everything in a bowl and blended with a hand mixer for three minutes. I understand that this goes against all standards when it comes to cooking and baking, but I am also a firm believer than chemistry will do its thing either way. Grease your muffin tin.




One of the best tips I know when it comes to evenly sized muffins and cupcakes is using an ice cream scoop to dole out the batter.

Bake for twenty minutes. I had trouble with the timing on these muffins since the toothpick test refused to come out clean despite how much time they were in! I realized after that it was probably the peanut butter.


Let cool for ten minutes before enjoying! Trust me, they'll go fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment