Thursday, August 23, 2012

How Do You Pho?


Yesterday was just one of those days where I woke up, knowing I was getting sick. Trust me, I'm feeling it today. But seriously, getting sick on the last week of summer--that has to go against some kind of universal law.

Loraine and I were fighting despite how many times I told her she was pretty and smart. Loraine is my sewing machine and she has her days too. Yesterday she refused to use black thread when hemming my sister's pants. She can be quite the son of a beach some days. It is very frustrating. So, "keep calm and get the seam ripper" became my motto yesterday and will continue today I'm sure. Needless to say, not much was done sewing wise yesterday.

My sore throat has limited my food choices to soup and ice cream. Bryan had the brilliant idea of going out to pho for dinner. We cautiously tried Viet Pho in Lone Tree, Colorado. We were cautious because, well, it's Lone Tree. Despite our insecurities, it was delicious! It is ranked among the best pho I have ever had, including in Seattle. The broth was amazing, made from boiled beef marrow and brisket, garlic and onions.

Pho broth is usually made from ox tail, however I like the beef broth better. I'm the kind of person that tends to over think things, and when I begin to over think ox tail soup, I tend to loose my appetite. I don't know why, it's just a quirk of mine.

The staff was very attentive and knowledgeable about the ingredients used. The best part about pho is how much they give you for so cheap! Plenty of left overs were taken home to be enjoyed for lunch today.


Which brings me to my question: how do you pho? I prefer  a lot of bean sprouts and a little Sriracha and Thai chili sauce mixed into the broth. Bryan however, likes things spicy, all things spicy, so his broth was red from spice alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment