Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Painting" with Crayons

I was in the mood to do some crafting today. Influenced by the idea of melting crayons, I turned them into "paint".

Finished product

Here's what you need:
  • Crayons
  • Canvas (mine's 5in x 5in)
  • Hot Glue gun
  • Paper
  • Unsharpened pencil







First, Lay your paper to cover your surface area from any damage. Second, remove the paper your crayons being careful not to break them in the process.


Third, insert the crayons into the hot glue gun. Since my crayons were a bit thicker than the opening in my hot glue gun, I found it helpful to use an unsharpened pencil to help push the crayons through the hot glue gun. However, as I pushed the crayons through the colors squirted out faster than anticipated.


Color by color (from darkest to brightest), I added layers of "paint" to the canvas. I am pleased with the result that I got, however I hope with more practice I could be able to make more definite patterns.

Since my hot glue gun had a smaller opening than my crayon's circumference, I waited until the wax melted before attempting the clean it. It's much easier and less painful to pick off dry wax, than hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment