Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Udon Stir Fry






The night before Thanksgiving, I wanted something light for dinner, and the opposite of heavy comfort food. I landed on Udon Stir-fry. I love this recipe because it is versatile to your likes and needs. The beef broth can easily be substituted for chicken or vegetable, as well as the meat.




I saute-ed lean cut loin beef with 4 minced garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce, and 1/2 cup beef broth. 

While the beef cooked, I partially cooked the udon noodles. I cooked them for two minutes less than the package indicated because they would continue cooking in the sauce later. Nothing worse than soggy noodles.


Once the beef was 50% cooked, I added packaged stir-fry sauce, carrots, red cabbage, bok choy, red peppers, and broccoli.






Stir in the udon noodles and cover for 2 minutes. Before serving, stir in snap peas, and continue to steam for 2 more minutes.




Serve and enjoy! This recipe is great because not only can it be distinguished to your personal taste and dietary restrictions, but also the spice can be personalized. It was a perfect dish before Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment