Monday, November 19, 2012

Root Vegetable Soup






My neighbors graciously gave me some rutabagas and beets before they left for Paris on Saturday. I'm pretty sure their trip trumps my root vegetable soup, but I'll take what I can get. I had never cooked with rutabagas before, so I was hesitant of the soup, but look at that color! It's gorgeous!





I roasted diced onions, sweet potatoes, beets, rutabagas, carrots, garlic and pasilla peppers at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. I seasoned the veggies with salt, pepper, and cayenne before roasting.





In small batches I blended the roasted veggies with milk and vegetable stock, until smooth.




I let the soup simmer for a while to let the flavors blend more.


All served up and delicious! I was surprised at how well the soup turned out and will defidently be making it again!


No comments:

Post a Comment