Thursday, November 8, 2012

Give Thanks Banner


I made this "Give Thanks" banner by sewing scrapbook monogram letters (from Serendipity & Shine On) onto fabric triangles. The triangles have a base of 5 1/2 inches with a length of 8 1/4 inches. I used a pinking rotary blade on the edges of each triangle. I connected the triangles together by sewing them together via ribbon. 



As a spacer between the words, I added a fabric flower. I made the flower by cutting out different size circles with the pinking blade from a chicken fabric I found in the remnants bin at Jo-Ann's. I layered the circles and attached them together with a printed wooden button (also by Serendipity & Shine On).

More angles of the banner:







6 comments:

  1. Cute ideas, I usually only make paper banners. Visiting from Made In A Day Linkey, please visit back! http://hearttoheartathome.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for visiting! I'm headed there now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I found you through Impatiently Crafty. Please come share at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-8.html

    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and inviting me! I'm on my way to link up now!

      Delete
  4. I love it! Your letters are so pretty. Fabulous job! Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.

    ReplyDelete