Thursday, November 15, 2012

Fall Inspired Potholder






I'm not ready to dive into Christmas quite yet, so I decide to complete one last fall project. Can you believe Thanksgiving is in a week ?!?! Where has the time gone this year?

I had some padded quilter's fabric leftover from my DIY Laptop Case project, and decided to make some potholders.We already have Halloween and Christmas kitchen accessories, but no Thanksgiving...well, not any more.






First, I created a template for the potholder by tracing and adapting a current potholder. I pinned the template to the fabric and cut.





I hemmed the edges and sewed the two fabric pieces together, inside out.





All sewn up!




Flip right side out.


For the applique, I cut out a leaf and flower bundle from some leftover fabric I had from making curtains last weekend. I used Heat-n-Bond in applying the applique.



After finding the placement of the applique, I secured it by using my flat iron. I hate dragging out the iron and ironing board for simple things, like adhering an applique or ironing a hem. One, because I'm lazy, and two, my iron and I do not get along since I burned my hand down to the muscle two Thanksgivings ago. Stupid tablecloths.





Voila! A cuter way to pull the stuffing and pies out of the oven!

7 comments:

  1. I love this!!
    I'm nominating you for the Liebster Award. Read more about it here:
    http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Shannon! I'm so honored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Perfect for all that turkey day cooking. Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited for Thanksgiving food it's crazy!

      Delete
  4. Oh, this is so cute! I love the yellow with the brown. I hate pulling the iron out, too. :) My daughter irons her clothes with her flat iron. LOL Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent.

    ReplyDelete